How EFL protects and manages your personal data
Data Privacy Summary
At EFL International Distribution Ltd., (EFL) we take your privacy seriously. In line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) it is important to know what we do with your personal information that you and others provide to us, why we gather it and what it means to you. The GDPR introduces changes which will give you greater control over your personal information, including the right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our business purposes.
EFL operates services as a freight forwarder utilising Airfreight, Ocean Freight, Short sea container, driver accompanied and unaccompanied trailer services. In addition we provide customs clearance. In order to provide these services directly or indirectly to you, we will hold data to identify you, including your contact information which may be received directly from you or a third party e.g. a supplier or customer.
Sometimes we may use your information even though you are not our customer. For example, you may be a consignee or consignor of a customer or our agent.
EFL will collect information (a) you give to us (b) from your use of our services or websites (c) provided to us by third parties.
We use and share your data where:
- You have agreed or consented to the using of your data which consent you may withdraw at any time.
- Use is necessary in relation to a service or contract that you have entered into with us e.g. you have requested an estimate or asked us to perform a specific task such as customs clearance.
- Use is necessary because we have to comply with a legal obligation.
- Use for legitimate interests such as managing credit control or risk and providing service information.
- Use to share with collection, delivery or overseas agents in order to complete services for you.
EFL do not utilise automated systems directly that analyse your information however we may use other automated systems in connection with our legal obligations in connection with some transport mode. e.g. Known consignor status verification for airfreight transport.
When providing our services to you, we may share your information with:
- your authorised representative.
- Third parties with whom we need to share your information to facilitate services you have requested.
- Service providers who provide us with support services.
- Statutory and regulatory bodies and law enforcement authorities.
- Business partners
Where your data is used to perform service(s) for you, we are legally required to hold that information for a period of seven years.
We may transfer your data to service providers outside of the Republic of Ireland in order to complete service(s) requested by you or your supplier(s).
Under GDPR, you have the right to;
- How we use your information, access your information and receive copies of that information.
- Have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated.
- Object to particular use of your personal data.
- To have your information deleted.
- To withdraw consent at any time
You can contact EFL by email, phone or post by using the following details:
Phone: +353 1 8867700
EFL International Distribution Ltd
Unit 4b, Santry Hall Industrial Estate,
Santry, Dublin DO9E3X2, Republic of Ireland